Leveraged loan amendment activity was mixed in June.
Amid challenging new-issue market conditions, issuers hit the pause button on most opportunistic deal flow, including amend-to-extends. Meanwhile, covenant waivers continued apace, as four issuers – Alpha Natural Resources, Chiquita Brands, Styron (Trinseo), and Live Nation Entertainment – loosened tests on $4.7 billion of leveraged loans, up from $4.6 billion in May.
- Covenant relief volume, by quarter
- Cost of covenant relief (and LIBOR floor), since 2009
- EBITDA growth of leveraged loan issuers, since 2008
- Amend-to-extend volume, since 2009
- Opportunistic loan volume, since 2010
- Trading market performance: original vs. extended tranches
- Single-B clearing yields: Loans, A2E deals, high yield bonds