15 May 2017
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Macquarie Capital’s Middle Office provides support to Macquarie’s Debt Capital Markets (Leverage Finance) business and its bank loan Sales and Trading Desk. The middle office provides support to the business in the form of assist and owning deal closing & funding obligations, collateral/document review/documentation workflow management, loan administration (predominantly revolving credit facilitates), primary and secondary trade confirmations & settlements and administrative agent services.
The Middle Office works closely with Debt Capital Markets Product Bankers, ensuring all required documents, reference data, and critical information are reviewed for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics and mitigation of operational risk. The team partners with various internal and external parties including, but not limited to, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Legal, Compliance, Operations, as well as external Borrowers, Lender and Administrative Agents. The team also interacts with their international counterparts in EMEA on cross-border deals.
- Manage and maintain active leveraged loan underwriting transactions
- Manage and maintain loan portfolio positions, both revolving credit facilities and term loans
- Support Debt Capital Markets with the execution and closing of complex leverage loan transactions, including, but not limited to new deals, refinancing, amendments and cashless roll repricings
- Collect and review legal loan documentation for operational feasibility, optimal execution mechanics and mitigation of operational risk
- Review loan related spreadsheets (e.g. funds flows) for accuracy and completeness
- Liaise and coordinate pre-closing requirements with internal and external clients (i.e. Debt Capital Markets, Syndicate, Credit Risk, Legal, Borrowers, Lenders and Administrative Agents)
- Review and advise on funding mechanics and operational requirements as it pertains to internal bookings
- Initiate and coordinate primary trade settlement process with ClearPar and internal operations team
- Assist with ad-hoc inquiries from Borrowers, Lenders, and Arrangers pertaining to the closing process and ongoing maintenance associated with Administrative Agent services
- Lead and schedule internal conference calls to ensure pre-closing requirements have been met and resolve / escalate any outstanding issues
- Assist internal colleagues with fee documentation and recognition
- Execute borrowing notices for revolving credit facilities
- Execution of best practices and control, risk mitigation and escalation point of contact
- Take leadership role with projects and provide valuable input with various working groups created to enhance process
- Post documents and maintain user access to documentation portals (Syndtrak, DebtDomain and Intralinks)
- Undergraduate degree plus 6-8 years of syndicated loan experience or equivalent is required
- Prior experience maintaining bank loans and revolving credit facilities within LoanIQ
- Knowledge of the Loan product / Syndicated Loan business, including a strong understanding of a credit agreement, loan funding mechanics, deal structure, funds flows, administrative agent services etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial services, specifically within Investment Banking
- Prior experience working with clients to collect and review pre-syndicated loan documentation ahead of closing large syndicated structures
- Proven ability to collaborate with team members and senior management across and businesses and internal functions
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience operating in a challenging and rapidly changing environment with a desire to accept new assignments and the ability to learn new principles and dynamic systems quickly
- Critical decision-making abilities including the ability to identify, escalate, and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to identify and implement new processes across multiple functions that will create efficiencies and reduce operational risk
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.