12 May 2017
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Associate/Vice President, Loan Syndications
Capital One’s Capital Markets Division based in New York, NY seeks a Senior Associate/VP for its Loan Syndications Team. This individual will fully support all activities of the team across Capital One’s Corporate Banking business segments; including, middle market, healthcare and technology, sponsor, and large corporate. The role directly supports four MD-level capital markets professionals in deal marketing/origination, along with working with a team of junior Analysts/Associates.
– Assist with the structuring, pricing, underwriting, syndication and closing of senior and junior debt transactions.
– Support origination activities of senior Capital Markets professionals through research; preparation of marketing materials and comparable transaction analyses.
– Lead preparation (under supervision) of confidential information memoranda and rating agency presentations.
– Provide work direction and oversee and review the work being performed by more junior staff.
– Create, obtain and effectively communicate market intelligence using research tools.
– Partner with risk group to analyze and draw conclusions from audited and internal financial statements, quality of earnings reports and MD&A.
– Support senior syndicators during investor presentations and sales-desk meetings.
– Coordinate responses to investor inquiries.
– Participate in capital markets due diligence process, Capital Markets pipeline, deal review and approval sessions.
– Assist originators in marketing efforts; attend client meetings.
– Provide capital markets structure and pricing guidance to healthcare originators.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
– 4-8 years of leveraged lending capital markets experience; prior technology/media background a positive.
– Ability to run with smaller deals end-to-end with limited assistance from more senior staff.
– Experience with credit documentation.
– Demonstrated ability to work in team environment
– Either a Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
– At least 3 years of experience in loan syndications or 3 years of experience in DCM or 3 years of experience in ECM or 3 years of experience in investment banking.
– 4-8 years of experience in loan syndications, DCM, or investment banking
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).