26 November 2014
CLO Portfolio Analyst – Chicago
Cortland Capital Markets Services is a full-service investment servicing company that offers fund administration, loan servicing, asset-servicing, and analytics. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Indianapolis, London, Los Angeles, and New York, Cortland provides analytical, accounting, and administrative services to alternative investment managers and commercial lenders. Financial Markets covered include syndicated bank loans, structured product, real estate, business loans, derivatives, futures, commodities and global equities.
The CLO Securitization Services Transaction Management Team is responsible for managing compliance and waterfall models and performing daily reconciliations of middle market and broadly syndicated bank loans associated with CLO’s (Collateralized Loan Obligations). The Portfolio Analyst assists in the management of the portfolios and needs to have the ability to speak clearly on the compliance and asset side of the product offering. Each transaction is unique and requires the Portfolio Analyst to manage analytical models based on the deal Indentures and asset specific information.
The Portfolio Analyst is exposed to many facets of the leveraged and distressed bank loan market, as well as structured finance securities, derivative instruments and corporate debt securities. Loan structures include large U.S. and European syndications, leveraged middle-market, and special opportunity situations. The Portfolio Analyst position requires the skills to work with other parties within the industry, including CLO managers, hedge fund managers, administrative agents, trustees and other third party service providers.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of loan administration and loan trade settlement
- Assist in the management of liability models that determine payments to noteholders
- Assist in the management and running of compliance models that determine covenant compliance on portfolios of bank debt
- Liaise with Trustees, rating agencies and other industry parties regarding the timeliness and accuracy of loan activity information; collaborate with internal departments such as Loan Administration and Trade Settlement.
- Investigate and resolve transactional and asset detail issues and communicate all issues timely.
- Participate in the creation and review of the daily/weekly/monthly reports and metrics provided to clients
- Identify areas for creating additional operational efficiencies and complete special projects as needed.
Desired Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or economics or commensurate work experience
- Exposure to/strong interest in the securitization and credit markets; strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts
- Commitment to a responsive, friendly, resourceful, solution-oriented, proactive approach to client service
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex problems; intellectually curious and resourceful
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with internal groups and external clients
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel with strong desire/ability to learn new software
- Experience with Sentry or similar asset and portfolio management system a plus
- Experience with Loan Administration and Trade Settlement process in the leveraged loan market a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment while maintaining outstanding organization and attention to detail.