What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The incumbent contributes to agented credit due diligence and marketing efforts. Partnering with senior team members, the incumbent is responsible for providing detailed analysis of financial statements and projections and for preparing transaction marketing materials, including pitch presentations and confidential information memorandum. The incumbent may interface directly with borrowers and participating banks, attend client and prospect meetings, and prepare more complex credit analysis for agented facilities. The incumbent must possess strong communication skills and frequently interacts with Relationship Managers, Credit Product Officers, CBG Loan servicing, Operations, Legal and other personnel to obtain documentation or assist with loan closing and loan maintenance. This is a CBG sales professional entry-level role and provides individuals the opportunity to grow the skill set required for a career in relationship management or credit products.
1. Supports unit’s growth and profitability through producing qualitative financial reviews for syndicated transactions. Analyzes credits including financial statement spreading analysis and cash flow projections to determine optimal transaction structure.
2. Proactively manages transaction process from pitch to closing; assists with the preparation of term sheets and monitors ongoing transactions to ensure proper documentation for loan closing. Establishes transaction data rooms and populates with offering materials, collateral documents, and credit documents.
3. Attends client and team meetings and assists in determination of client needs. Assists Senior Officers with the completion of marketing materials and other tasks as needed, providing timely, error-free analysis and review as applicable.
4. Interacts with Relationship Managers, Credit Product Officers, CBG Loan Servicing, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate structure, as well as new business and related trends.
5. Manages the risk of complex financial products and syndicated transactions by working closely with other CBG Departments (e.g., Cash Management, Capital Markets, Equipment Leasing, Trade Finance), and other major areas of the Bank.
6. Provides support to the Regional and Division managers for special projects and reporting tasks. Such special projects may include transaction comparable analysis, in-market credit lists, portfolio analysis, presentations for senior bank management and the creation of excel based underwriting tools.
7. When applicable, interfaces directly with borrowers to obtain financial information and review financial information directly and assists in review of credit requests.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance
- Master in Business or Finance preferred
- 3 or more years of directly related experience including financial statements, tax returns, and/or cash flow analysis. Completion of formal credit training program strongly preferred.