25 November 2014
Analyst, Loan Syndicate, Wholesale Credit Program – Charlotte, NC (Job ID 5060213)
This position’s primary responsibilities will be supporting the Loan Sales and Syndications (“LSS”) team in Wells Fargo Capital Finance (“WFCF”) by developing and maintaining asset-based market analytics, qualitative research, pitch materials and transaction marketing materials to help originate, structure and sell syndicated loans underwritten and arranged by WFCF.
This position is part of Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking’s Financial Analyst Program (“FAP”), which provides you with a strong foundation in analyzing company financials and identifying potential risks so that you can make informed lending decisions. The program combines classroom and online training courses with hands-on training in a Wholesale Banking line of business. The FAP is typically a three-year program.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance offers traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, purchase order financing and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom. Our financing programs help businesses access the capital they need to recover, restructure, and grow. WFCF originates and manages asset-based credit facilities to private equity backed, public, and entrepreneur-owned companies with facilities ranging in size from $5 million up to $3 billion.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT:
The Financial Analyst Program is designed to help you transition from your academic life to the competitive world of business and industry. The program focuses on your training and development through the following channels:
On-the-job business experience:
You will gain in-depth experience as a capital markets and credit analyst working on a high-performing team in LSS. You will begin to build your skills by actively participating in your team’s day-to-day activities, developing your knowledge of credit markets, and broadening your analytical capabilities. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain a good understanding of in-market asset-based transactions and market trends; current events across the capital markets (with a focus on syndicated loans and high yield bonds); and relevant secondary markets.
- Maintain all research materials (including comparables database, in-market calendar, investor activity reports, transaction fee analysis, etc.) and pitch materials on a daily, weekly or as-needed basis.
- Work closely with other LSS professionals in the creation of high quality targeted pitch materials for individual transactions and presentations.
- Coordinate with associates within Investment Banking to create multi-product pitches.
- Maintain LSS pipeline with direct responsibility for all skim fee reporting for LSS to WFCF Finance team and all league table reporting for WFCF (in coordination with WFC).
- Develop relationships with team members at all levels across WFCF and WFC in order to facilitate the flow of internal intelligence and market data.
Fundamental credit training:
Training in your first year begins with a one-week credit and underwriting immersion class at our training campus in San Francisco. Each subsequent year, you will participate in additional one-week sessions where you reconvene with your fellow program participants to further develop your credit proficiency. You will also participate in accounting courses and receive specialized asset-based lending training to foster a deeper understanding of WFCF’s products. You will become familiar with financial, technical, technology, and operational tools and processes to help you improve your credit, financial analysis, written and oral presentation, and problem-solving skills.
1+ years work experience to include financial, credit or statistical analysis, and/or statement spreading OR a BA/BS degree.
Strong analytical skills. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment. Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability. Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- BA/ BS Degree
- Professional experience through internships, part-time or full-time work, and/or extra-curricular activities in analyzing financial statements, assessing companies, or asset-based lending.
Apply online (Job ID 5060213)