26 August 2015
The analyst will be a member of the Communications, Media and Entertainment (CM&E) group, which is dedicated to serving the strategic and financial needs of primarily non-investment grade middle-market companies through underwriting leveraged buyouts, acquisition financings, refinancings and restructurings. Duties will include:
- Provide support in execution of leveraged finance transactions for financial sponsors and corporate clients
- Execute under the supervision of a Vice President / Associate all aspects of a financing, including financial modeling (primarily for leveraged buyouts), due diligence process, credit analysis, credit approval process, drafting of financing proposals
- Develop and maintain transaction databases containing key industry-specific transaction metrics.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials promoting CM&E’s leveraged finance and advisory platform and support the development and delivery of pitches to financial sponsors and corporate clients on specific transactions.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should have
- Strong academic credentials. Including BA/BS (Finance, Accounting, Business preferred)
- 1+ years in an analyst role, with significant related experience in either credit analysis or in covering the industries on which the CM&E team focuses.
- Working knowledge of accounting and finance, some level of financial modeling proficiency as well as experience in working in a team-oriented environment.
- The successful candidate should also possess an inquisitive nature, strong writing skills, willingness to work flexible hours when needed and a desire to learn more about the industries CM&E serves.
- Strong working knowledge of MS-Excel and MS-Word are also required.
CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status.
If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf