7 March 2014
VP/Director, Loan Syndication – NYC
My client a top European investment bank has a headcount for a loan syndicator to work on the North American desk in New York City. My client is willing to pay a competitive base and bonus to attract one of the best candidates in the market.
My client a leading MD in the market has a signed headcount for a VP hire this year.
Role will consist of the following:
- Responsibilities comprise deal structuring, negotiation of documents and facility agreements and execution of facility agreements.
- Origination and managing the entire syndication process- pricings, writing docs for the internal credit approval process and monitoring of underwritten positions.
- You will be assisting lead arranging syndicated loans and closing deals
- Involvement in a lesser extent on the origination of loans to corporate/financials in Latam and Canada
- Executing mandates and managing the sell-down process, including preparing marketing materials and engaging potential investors
- Building up knowledge of lenders (including domestic and foreign banks, insurance companies, hedge funds, etc)
- Maintaining a dialogue with peers in other lead banks and institutional investors
This is a critical hire but you must have the following skills:
- Fluency in English preferred with Spanish as a plus
- My client has a clear preference for a candidate with considerable experience of syndicated loans.
- My client can only consider candidates with debt lending/ structuring/ origination or syndicate experience
- My client will not consider bonds experience- loans is essential
- Prior experience in leveraged finance syndications or leveraged finance is a must
- Clear preference for North American experience with Latam as a plus
- You will a good in depth understanding of the syndicated loan market, and the ability to structure, price and syndicate strategy for transactions.
- Good credit skills important
This is a wonderful opportunity to become an integral member of this excellent syndicate team. Please apply online or call the Origination team on +1 212 -209 -7310.