22 September 2014
VP, Leveraged Finance, Senior Commercial Underwriter – NYC
As a VP with GE Antares you provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting leveraged transaction. This includes deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation, approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals. You manage, monitor and report on portfolio accounts.
- Leads the underwriting and approval of new credit requests and credit line renewals for existing customers
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting large structured loan transactions.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate credit, political, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Manages, monitors and reports on portfolio of accounts.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with other teams and specialists.
- May oversee portfolio management responsibilities of junior team member.
- Coaches and develops junior team members.
- Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline.
- MBA degree.
Legal documentation: Prior experience negotiating legal documentation.
Commercial deal experience:
- Prior experience underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals.
- Prior experience lending in agent/participations market.
Works effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfills obligations.
- Balances workload and prioritizes effectively.
- Able to manage self and time to meet commitments.
Regulatory experience: Recent experience in a regulated bank type environment.
- Authentic, reliable and responsible.
- Coaches and inspires at all levels.
- Permits and promotes growth of team.
- Displays passion that excites others to exceptional performance.
- Not afraid to change course nor lead in uncertainty.
- Resilient and accountable; overcomes adversity by owning up to mistakes.
Well-developed communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.
Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
About this company
At GE Capital we provide smart financing and the know-how of GE to help our customers’ capital go further and do more. GE Capital is an extension of GE’s rich heritage of building and supporting growth. We’re helping companies in ways that no other bank can. Any bank can help you finance. What we know can help you grow.
At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. We provide smart financing and the know-how of GE to help our customers’ capital go further and do more. GE Capital is an extension of GE’s rich heritage of building and supporting growth. We bring insight, knowledge and expertise to every loan.
Around the world, we’re helping our customers to invent more, make more, sell more and do it all with greater efficiency. We’re helping companies in ways that no other bank can. Any bank can help you finance. Only a builder can help you grow.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.