27 August 2014
SVP, Syndication – Norwalk, NYC, LA, Denver, Boston (Job # 1964023)
GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled. At GE Capital Americas, we’re redefining what’s possible. Whether it’s providing financing to purchase, lease and distribute equipment, or supplying our clients with the capital needed for their real estate and corporate acquisitions, refinancing and restructurings, the GE Capital Americas teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading financial products and services that support the success of businesses worldwide.
GE Capital Americas is the top leasing company in North America and a leader in U.S. corporate finance. Here you’ll work with the most talented people in the industry, employing world-class processes to execute projects with real impact. If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter and a driven, creative, flexible problem-solver, then join GE in creating the next generation of financial products that will keep the world of business moving forward for generations to come.
imagination at work…
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
GE offers an inclusive environment where employees have the opportunity to succeed and diversity is embraced as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
The passion that our people bring to their work extends to their private worlds, and GE encourages a healthy balance between the two.
GE values education and is dedicated to providing the tools and training for your professional development.
This role within GE Capital is focused on the origination and structuring of leveraged loans, including cash flow and asset based debt transactions and/or other related debt products. Significant functional, industry and debt structuring experience is required. This role is also expected to provide work direction and oversight of junior staff.
- Structure, price, underwrite, syndicate and successfully close leveraged loan transactions in the mid-cap market; as well as participate with origination teams to structure, pitch, negotiate and win deals.
- Analyze credit & market risks, provide useful capital markets Information for decision making, structuring and pricing in order to win transactions and clear market.
- Participate in syndications pipeline, deal review and deal approval meetings and keep senior management advised of all material developments.
- Act as primary interface with Manager and department leadership for syndication opinion deal approvals.
- Oversee preparation of information memoranda and associated materials for distribution to potential investors and/or rating agencies.
- Play a primary syndication role in Investor presentations and sales meetings/discussions supported by sales desk.
- Lead the Capital Markets due diligence process and the negotiation of legal documents with respect to syndication and investor issues.
- Ensure the sharing of market intelligence with Sales Desk, and other syndicators as well as coordinate with Sales Desk to develop and maintain 3rd party investor relationships within assigned sector.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 8 years of experience in leveraged finance, equipment finance or other debt products (or High School Diploma with a minimum of 12 years of verifiable experience in leveraged lending, equipment finance or other debt products)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Syndications products and capabilities and a working knowledge of the broader Capital Markets
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Have or willing to obtain Series 7/79/63 licenses within 60 days of employment
- MUST be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
- MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing and background check.
- MUST be willing to travel up to 40% of the time.
- MUST be willing to work out of the Norwalk, CT; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Los Angeles, CA or Boston, MA office.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Current experience in the Food/Beverage and/or Retail sectors
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
- MBA with proven experience in leveraged lending or other capital markets products
- Formal Credit or Corporate finance training
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Analytical capability: strong ability to analyze and evaluate data, formulate accurate conclusions and develop actions plans accordingly
- Legal documentation: Prior experience evaluating legal documentation
- Deal skills: Prior experience leading transaction teams; experience in cash flow analysis, collateral analysis, or financial analysis
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional and matrixed team environment
- Communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfills obligations
- Takes initiative: Understands deal process and proactively completes subsequent steps in the deal process. Reaches out to others if unsure
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively. Able to manage self and time to meet commitments
Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply online (Job # 1964023)