10 March 2014
SVP, Corp Finance, Lending Sales Originator – Indianapolis, Louisville, Cincinnati (Job number: 1885764)
At GE Capital Americas, we’re redefining what’s possible. Whether it’s providing financing to purchase, lease and distribute equipment, or supplying our clients with the capital needed for their real estate and corporate acquisitions, refinancing and restructurings, the GE Capital Americas teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading financial products and services that support the success of businesses worldwide.
GE Capital Americas is the top leasing company in North America and a leader in U.S. corporate finance. Here you’ll work with the most talented people in the industry, employing world-class processes to execute projects with real impact. If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter and a driven, creative, flexible problem-solver, then join GE in creating the next generation of financial products that will keep the world of business moving forward for generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GE offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
GE offers an inclusive environment where employees have the opportunity to succeed and diversity is embraced as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
The passion that our people bring to their work extends to their private worlds, and GE encourages a healthy balance between the two.
GE values education and is dedicated to providing the tools and training for your professional development.
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Originate leveraged lending transactions. Actively call on customers with team members, champion transactions throughout the sales and closing process, mentor and guide junior sales people and team members, and grow GE’s presence in the market. Role may involve assisting more senior sales staff with larger transactions, and working independently on developing relationships with new, under penetrated customers. Position to GE to lead transactions or uptier roles.
- Territory Includes: Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Louisville, KY; Indianapolis, IN
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers to identify and source deal flow.
- Developing investment ideas and opportunities for the customers.
- Analyzing existing portfolio companies for refinancing or add on financing opportunities.
- Mining portfolio accounts for debt purchase opportunities from other bank members and/or opportunities to take over agency positions for GE with enhanced economics.
- Organizing marketing calls and customer events.
- Cross-selling products and services of other GE units.
- Determining appropriate loan structure; provide strategic direction throughout the closing of new business loans and amendments/restructures.
- Actively participating in the development of new underwriting and approval and portfolio processes, new product development and new customer acquisition strategies.
- Assisting other team members in transactions to meet the overall new business targets of the team including deal referrals, support with sponsors, introduction of new product ideas, etc.
- Acting as the liaison between various members of the customer and GE.
- Developing strong working relationships with all key cross-functional groups, i.e., Risk Management, Capital Markets, Legal, Audit, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree 7+years of direct leveraged Finance experience(debt originations and/or debt underwriting) or High School Diploma/GED and 12+ years of leverage Finance work experience
- Strong credit and underwriting background including formal credit training or direct underwriting experience
- Experience actively calling on and negotiating with key customers
- YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
- Must submit your application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this job opening.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check.
- Must be willing to travel overnight up to 25% of the time.
- Must reside in Territory: Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Louisville, KY; or Indianapolis, IN
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline.
- MBA degree.
- Prior experience Originating Leveraged Lending transactions.
- Experience leading transaction teams.
- Strong credit and underwriting background including formal credit training or direct underwriting experience.
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Analytical capability: strong ability to analyze and evaluate date, formulate accurate conclusions and develop actions plans accordingly.
- Legal documentation: Prior experience evaluating legal documentation.
- Deal skills: Prior experience leading transaction teams; experience in cash flow analysis, collateral analysis and financial analysis
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional and matrixed team environment
- Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply online (Job number: 1885764)