18 August 2014
Senior Vice President, Team Leader – Norwalk, CT (Job Number 1982439)
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company’s website at www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Bank Loan Group provides innovative financing to for leveraged transactions including buyouts, acquisitions, growth and recapitalizations. You support Originators by screening deals, underwriting and closing new structured transactions and oversee the portfolio management of existing borrower relationships. You serve as a subject matter expert in credit skills sets, credit products or industries. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals.
• Leads and manages a team of credit professionals with varying experience in the underwriting and approval of structured loan transactions. Ensures appropriate deal staffing and manages resources.
• Provides ongoing coaching, feedback and career guidance.
• Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate documentation.
• Oversees the management of existing portfolio accounts, performs rigorous analysis of transactions, and resolves problem accounts in partnership with deal teams, Workout and specialists.
• Identifies opportunities to up tier accounts to Agencies.
• Prepares risk assessments on new deals and portfolio accounts and presents senior management with a clear and consistent approach to mitigate risks.
• Liaisons with senior management of Bank Loan Group to drive mutual agreement on credit issues.
• Ensures compliance in credit policies and procedures.
Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor’s Degree with at least 15 years of experience in finance, accounting or banking industries (or high school diploma/ GED and at least 19 years of finance or accounting experience) including financial analysis, preparing financial information and interpreting financial performance.
• Prior experience with structured loan transactions.
• Prior experience preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and assessing risk exposure.
• Prior experience preparing and delivering presentations to managements, peers and less experienced team members.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline. MBA degree preferred.
• Prior experience underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals.
• Prior experience lending in agent/participations market.
• Prior experience negotiating legal documentation.
• Works effectively in cross functional team environment and leading cross-functional teams.
• Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations.
• Balances workload and prioritizes effectively. Able to manage self and time to meet commitments.
• Recent experience in a regulated bank type environment.
• Authentic, reliable and responsible. Coaches and inspires at all levels. Permits and promotes growth of team. Displays passion that excites others to exceptional performance.
• Not afraid to change course or lead in uncertainty. Resilient and accountable; overcomes adversity by owning up to mistakes.
• Well-developed communication skills. Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.
Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply online (Job Number 1982439)