24 April 2014
MD, Syndications Leveraged Finance - Cleveland, OH (Job# 99997743)
Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation’s largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $87 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company’s businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Business
Financing non-investment grade acquisitions, privatization’s and other strategic transactions for both financial sponsors and corporations requires specialized expertise. Whether you are a financial advisor, a company seeking financing or an investor seeking strategic opportunities, we leverage our deep relationships and capabilities in this space to provide you rapid decision-making and certainty of execution.
About the Job
Managing Director, Syndicated Finance will be responsible for the origination and structuring of Syndicated Finance products and services for Key’s clients.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the origination and structuring of Syndicated Finance products and services, specifically in the Energy space (Utilities, Oil & Gas, Renewables)
- Partner with RMs and PMs to structure loan originations for syndicated debt market; Prepare and negotiate deal structures with clients
- Develop and maintain important client relationships and generate revenues from these relationships
- Articulate Key’s value proposition to clients in terms of clients financial strategies and measures
- Identify ways that our organizations product, sales and service units work together to deliver value; Actively search for ways in which to contribute to both clients and Key’s profitability
- Orchestrate internal resources to meet client needs and manage the process of executing syndicated transactions
- Fully engage Syndicated Finance partners in Sales and Syndicate and Trading
- Serve as the key leader for client quality and service; Act decisively to implement solutions and resolve crisis, and follow up to assure resolution
- Develop and maintain strong internal partnerships and generate revenues from these partnerships
- Identify opportunities for Syndicated Finance within Key’s client and prospect portfolio
- Represent Syndication’s perspective in credit approval meetings and prepare Distribution Risk Analysis memos
- Gain insight on successes and challenges through client and partner feedback
- Engage internal partners in deal debriefs to discover opportunities to improve
- Network inside and outside of our company to broaden business knowledge base and to increase personal effectiveness
- Involvement in industry related associations; Maintain an established network within the financial community
- Execute strategy within corporate guidelines and policies
- Demonstrate strong leadership within team and with clients
- Engage in mentoring and development of junior team members
- Viewed as a strategic partner by clients
- Assists with the maintenance of a database on lenders and investors, their appetites, deal structure preference, deals Key participates in, or reviews from other agents (internal and external resources), etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 7 years lending experience
- Series 79 and 63 are preferred, or must be obtained within first 6 months of employment.
- Understanding of Fixed Income and Capital Markets
- Database of contacts that participate in real estate/corporate loans
- Strong credit skills; analytical expertise; writing proficiency; strong client service/interpersonal skills; strong communication skills, computer competency; negotiation and persuasion capabilities; ability to work without extensive supervision.
- Sales experience preferred
- Knowledge of Loan Trading
- Familiarity with Syndtrak
- Loan Pricing Corporation
- Rating Agency Criteria
- Bank accounting issues with respect to Loan sales
Apply online (Job# 99997743)