29 September 2014
Leveraged Finance Analyst/Senior Analyst – NYC
Fifth Street, based in Greenwich, CT is seeking an Analyst/Senior Analyst to support its Capital Markets team which invests in broadly syndicated loans from the firms Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs) and Senior Loan Funds (SLFs).
Fifth Street is committed to providing you with the tools and opportunities necessary to advance your learning and your career as rapidly as possible, including unlimited access to training opportunities, guidance and mentoring. Responsibilities will include:
- Management and monitoring of the Capital Markets portfolio of corporate loan investments;
- Analyzing performance, researching industry trends, and preparing reports for the existing loan portfolio to support senior managers in the investment decision making process; and
- Generating valuation research reports for internal and external constituents based on multiple methodologies, including: discounted cash flow, comparable company, precedent transaction, and relative value analysis
Demonstrated self-starters who go beyond the job description may have the opportunity to work extensively with senior investment team members in the evaluation of potential investment opportunities in both the new issue and secondary credit markets.
Desired Skills and Experience
Analysts/Senior Analysts seeking to join Fifth Street are motivated individuals with a strong analytical background, exceptional organizational skills, ability to multitask, excellent attention to detail, and effective communication skills – both written and verbal. The position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and substantial self-initiative who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. We are open to candidates with diverse background though the ideal candidate will have:
- 1-2 years of financial services experience
- In-depth understanding of credit analysis and financial markets
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Track record of academic excellence
- Asset Valuation and Black Mountain experience are a plus, but not required
About this company
With over $5 billion in assets under management, Fifth Street Management LLC is a leading alternative asset manager with a core focus on credit strategies. The firm manages a number of private funds and is the SEC-registered investment adviser of two publicly-traded Business Development Companies (BDCs) – Fifth Street Finance Corp. (NASDAQ:FSC), one of the largest BDCs in the country, and Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate Corp. (NASDAQ:FSFR).
With a track record of more than 15 years, Fifth Street’s national platform provides custom-tailored financing solutions to small and mid-sized companies, primarily in connection with investments by private equity sponsors. These companies generally have EBITDA of up to $75 million and span a broad range of industries throughout the U.S. Principally in the form of one-stop financings, first lien, second lien, mezzanine debt and equity co-investments, the Fifth Street platform has the ability to hold loans up to $150 million, commit up to $250 million and structure and syndicate transactions up to $500 million. Fifth Street Management LLC was named both 2013 “Lender Firm of the Year” by The M&A Advisor and “Lender of the Year” by Mergers & Acquisitions.
To learn more about the firm, please go to Fifth Street’s website at www.fifthstreetfinance.com.