12 December 2013
Leveraged Finance Analyst – Boston, MA (Job Number: 402427)
The Analyst III position in Leveraged Finance is a credit underwriting and portfolio management role focused on completing acquisition, recapitalization, restructurings, leveraged buyouts and refinancing transactions for new and existing customers of RBS Citizens.
We are looking for Analysts with leveraged finance skills and prior experience underwriting Lead Arranger, Sole Bank, Club transactions, Participant transactions. Analysts will be directly involved in establishing and performing underwriting due diligence, identifying key transaction risks and mitigating factors, and obtaining credit approval for proposed transactions. The Analyst II position in Leveraged Finance is a generalist role.
The position requires constant interaction with internal colleagues from Commercial Banking, Credit Risk Management, and Capital Markets. Candidate will be working as part of a deal team on financing opportunities including client pitches, structuring, underwriting, internal credit approval, and the documentation and closing process.
Day to day activity will involve supporting Sr. Portfolio Managers with portfolio management including, but not limited to:
- Quarterly Portfolio Reviews
- Asset Quality Reporting
- Covenant Tracking
- Financial Statement Analysis and Completion of various internal modeling tools
- Initial transaction due diligence
- Credit research
- Comparable debt and enterprise value analysis
- Existing and new client pitches and presentation
- Preparation of pre-screens and final credit approvals for new and proposed financing opportunities
- Financial statement spreading
- Ad-hoc projects
- Maintaining strong portfolio management processes
- Loan closing and funding
- Attending customer meetings
Position requires experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, research, Capital IQ, public SEC filings, rating agency reports, and equity research reports for industry and comparable analysis.
The role requires the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in underwriting in leveraged finance at a commercial or investment bank
- Experience in Healthcare and Technology Communications, and Media a plus
- Existing knowledge of leveraged loan market
- Experience underwriting middle market sponsored and unsponsored leveraged transactions
- Advanced analytical, loan structuring, underwriting, documentation, credit, presentation, and organization skills
- Strong PC Proficiency, Microsoft Office applications, and Credit Research Tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong business writing skills
- Strong credit acumen
- Excellent projection modeling skills
- Experience contributing to client pitches and managing expectations
- Due diligence analysis
- Prior experience participating and underwriting leveraged finance transactions
- Understanding of bank regulation and compliance
- Ability to work well with internal and external clients
- High level of initiative and capability to work independently on financings and other responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of RBS Citizens, N.A. to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Apply online (Job Number: 402427)