17 September 2014
Junior Leveraged Finance Investments Analyst – Boston
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company!
Responsible for conducting financial analyses and fundamental research on markets, industry groups and/or individual securities for review by Investments Department Senior Investment Professionals and where the individual will be exposed to all facets of Investments. Assists with due diligence on Investment opportunities and portfolio analytics in Leveraged Finance (i.e. High Yield Corporate Bonds and Leveraged Loans). Position represents an opportunity to gain analytic experience in dynamic asset classes
- Assists Senior Analysts in completing studies of markets, industry groups or specific securities to determine their continued suitability for inclusion in the Investment portfolios.
- Conducts fundamental research on securities under consideration. Maintain spreadsheet models, databases and other applicable information systems used to monitor Investments using internal and external reporting tools (i.e. Bloomberg).
- Generate fundamental research to assist senior analysts in their assessment of values and identification of investment opportunities.
- Analyzes financial statements and regulatory filings.
- Reviews research reports and compares financial models using internal and external reporting tools (i.e. Bloomberg).
- Develops quantitative decision-support models.
- Some travel required.
Qualifications include 2-5 years relevant experience, Bachelors Degree and strong academic record from a competitive institution (preferable in finance, economics, business or quantitative field) required, knowledge of finance/accounting and interest in Investments required. Ideal candidate would be proficient in the use of Excel. Excellent analytical abilities, solid organization and strong oral and written communication skills are essential to interact with internal and external Investment Professionals. Exposure to Bloomberg preferable. Pursuing/Completion of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation and/or coursework towards Masters of Business Administration degree preferred.