23 April 2014
High Yield Sales – NYC
Liquidnet is entering the fixed income market with our acquisition of bond trading platform Vega-Chi. This partnership will combine Liquidnet’s experience, scale, and global reach within the institutional investment community with Vega-Chi’s proven corporate bond trading platform and sector expertise to accelerate efficiencies within the corporate bond market.
Vega-Chi launched the first central limit order book dedicated to the US high yield market in October 2012, Europe’s first multilateral trading facility dedicated to convertible bonds in February 2010, and Europe’s first high bond yield central limit order book in February 2012. With more than 150 participant firms, including some of the largest institutional investors in the relevant asset classes, since its inception, Vega-Chi has received more than 36,000 client orders with notional value in excess of $73 billion across its various products.
- Marketing the fixed income institutional network to buy-side institutions, including cross-selling of new functionality.
- Identifying and driving sales opportunities; creating and evolving relationships with prospects/clients.
- Collaborating with the team to develop and implement long-term sales strategies.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of workflows and distinct trading strategies within the various institutions and effectively communicating and demonstrating how we support Member and prospect trading needs.
- Partnering, daily, with clients to drive liquidity and order flow into the liquidity pool
- Ownership of the entire sales cycle.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of proven success (i.e., a book of business) within sales or trading experience in the institutional credit space.
- Experience in and extensive knowledge of credit markets.
- Existing relationships with buy-side institutions.
- Must possess a dynamic personality with a proven ability to effectively interact with industry peers.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Outstanding team player dedicated to bolstering group performance.