11 March 2014
Credit Research Analyst – NYC
A well regarded Credit Investment Management business is seeking to add 2 to 3 experienced Credit Analysts to their Corporate Credit Investment team with the following sector strengths * Healthcare * Financials
These individuals will join a business with a successful 10+ year track that is responsible for $20+ Billion of assets under management. The business invests in public and private securities with a focus on high yield bonds and leveraged loans.
The Credit Analyst will have or share the following responsibilities:
* Generation of value-based investment opportunities across the capital structure.
* Perform fundamental credit analysis and in depth company specific due diligence
* Constant analysis of ongoing relative value assessment of existing portfolio positions
* Prepare detailed credit memoranda
* High yield and leveraged loan market research for internal and external use
* Interacting directly with the Portfolio Managers and the Research team
* Candidates must have 4 to 8 years of relevant credit investment experience at a broad based high yield and/or leveraged loan fund manager.
* Candidates must have strong credit background; proficient in all phases of capital structure analysis, including valuation analysis of leveraged loans, high yield bonds, distressed securities as well as Private Debt Investments (Senior and Junior).
* Candidates must be comfortable with the Global Fixed Income markets (particularly US High Yield)
* Strong academic credentials and secondary qualification such as an MBA or CFA are a plus.
* Candidate will be articulate, and will possess a high level of oral and written communication skills.
* Candidate will be enthusiastic, entrepreneurial, and able to work independently yet work comfortably as part of a team.