21 October 2014
Credit Analyst – Chicago, IL
About Z Capital
Z Capital Partners, L.L.C. is a leading private equity firm with approximately $1.7 billion of regulatory assets and committed capital under management with offices in Lake Forest, IL and New York, NY.
Z Capital pursues an opportunistic, value-oriented approach in private equity that includes making control investments in middle-market companies that may require growth capital, turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy or are otherwise special situations.
Z Capital specializes in managing assets in both the opportunistic private equity-special situations and credit related strategies through Z Capital Credit Partners (“ZCCP”).
Z Capital is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to support Z Capital Credit Partners – a credit fund manager in Lake Forest, IL and New York, NY. Primary responsibilities include analyzing, recommending and monitoring broadly syndicated and middle market leveraged loans, across a broad spectrum of industries and market sectors.
- Perform comprehensive credit analysis, evaluating company fundamentals and industry trends
- Author formal credit memoranda to be presented to the Investment Committee
- Monitor and maintain an opinion on existing portfolio investments – providing timely updates with recommendation to portfolio managers on developing credit situations
- Develop a deep understanding of assigned industries
- Construct and maintain cash flow/valuation models
- Analyze credit agreements, amendments, and other relevant legal and regulatory issues related to the issuers
- Participate in debt restructuring and distressed debt issuers as needed
- The candidate will be joining a rapidly expanding platform with opportunities for growth.
The ideal candidate will have 3 to 7 years’ experience underwriting deals in the syndicated leverage loan market, with a strong background in credit, bank debt and high yield bonds. Completion of a formal credit training program at a Wall Street firm, commercial bank, or finance company is required. Completion or progress towards CFA designation preferred. The candidate must have a deep understanding of credit, with an ability to construct concise persuasive investment opinions, clearly articulating view point verbally and in writing. The candidate must possess superior organizational and communication skills. The candidate must be able to work and thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, with a persistent desire to challenge status quo. We are looking for an aggressive, creative, competitive personality who is self-motivated, hardworking, detail-oriented, and has a consistently high energy level.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com