28 August 2014
Corporate Banking Analyst – San Francisco (Reference Code: 14055224)
Brief Description of the Organization
Citi, the leading global financial services company, has some 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 100 countries, providing consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, and wealth management. Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com or www.citi.com.
What Is Corporate Banking at Citi?
Citi’s Corporate Bank is a leading provider of financial services to top-tier multi-national clients. We serve the financial needs of the world’s preeminent corporations, financial institutions, and public sector clients in more than 100 countries through our cadre of experienced local Corporate Bankers around the world. We also service a broad array of leading regional and local corporations in their home markets.
Our Corporate Bankers are relationship focused corporate finance professionals responsible for understanding the wide range of complex financial issues facing our clients around the world, and driving the client dialogue on capital structure, liability management, liquidity and funding strategies, risk management and derivatives solutions, best-in-class transactional banking and all other aspects of international, cross-border financing needs. Our corporate bankers are risk trained and are expected to have a strong foundation in accounting, financial analysis, and credit risk.
We are currently seeking an Analyst for the Technology group within Corporate Banking. The Analyst will be hired laterally into a two-year program followed by an opportunity for advancement, pending business need and Analyst performance. Since much of an analyst’s work will be used for making decisions to extend credit to clients, analysts will be jointly accountable to professionals in both Corporate Banking and Risk.
We have a large portfolio of technology clients in Silicon Valley, and our team delivers the entire Citi banking platform to these institutions (see product partner listing below). In addition to providing an unparalleled banking platform, our team has long-standing, global relationships with clients, and serves as a trusted advisor.
• Prepare client presentations on capital structure, debt capacity, shareholder activism (as it relates to capital distribution), ratings advisory, and other topics affecting our client base
• Partner with the Capital Markets desks in New York to pitch and execute transactions for clients, primarily debt (investment grade and convertible) and syndicated loans (revolving credit facilities and term loans)
• Partner with Risk to manage the exposure in our credit portfolio
• Partner with Trade and Treasury Solutions to support the cash management needs of our clients and their subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world
• Prepare episodic / transactional credit analyses – financial valuation, cash flow and capital structure modeling
• Support senior bankers in identifying opportunities for our clients, through analysis of earnings calls, SEC filings, and industry reports
• Strategic account planning for all clients in our portfolio, as well as calculations relating to return on risk capital
The analyst will liaise with the following product partners:
• Equity Capital Markets (IPOs, convertible notes)
• Debt Capital Markets (investment grade, high yield)
• Loan Capital Markets (revolving credit facilities, term loans, leveraged finance)
• Foreign exchange
• Liability management
• Trade and Treasury Solutions (cash management)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Innovative and creative in problem solving
• Hard Working
• Quick thinking and detail oriented
• Intellectually curious and willing to ask questions
• Ability to multi-task
• Cooperation and focus in achieving group and client objectives
• Finance education or experience a plus
• Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
• Major(s): All majors are welcome
• GPA: 3.5 or above
• Work Authorization: All work authorization accepted
Apply online (Reference Code: 14055224)