16 April 2014
CLO Investment Operations Manager – NYC
About the Opportunity
A renowned mutual fund manager in New York City is actively seeking a new CLO Investment Operations Manager for a promising position with their staff. In this role, the qualified Manager will be responsible for leading the operational launch and ongoing responsibilities for maintaining the new product line for the High Yield Corporate Debt Team (HYCDT) as well as managing leveraged loan and high yield bond investments in mutual funds and institutional accounts.
The CLO Investment Operations Manager will:
- Serve as an escalation contact for indenture interpretation questions/issues, and determine resolution.
- Serve as an escalation contact for loan activity questions/issues, and determine resolution (reconciliations, corporate actions, agent bank disputes)
- Collaborate with internal area experts in compliance, finance, risk and portfolio management, to research questions and determine appropriate resolutions
- Work with internal and external legal team to resolve documentation issues, deal defaults, deal terminations or other ad hoc topics
- Ensure reconciliation of any warehousing data elements, and facilitate the transfer of the warehouse portfolio and payments
- Ensure delivery of any applicable cash flow expectations to corporate accounting
- Ensure delivery of financial statements to corporate accounting, and assist in any additional follow-up
- Ensure coordination of information between Trustee, third party compliance vendor, and accounting agent
- Review third party reconciliation of Trustee monthly reports and daily compliance results
- Review third party reconciliation and calculation of waterfall
- Review deal related CLO invoices for reasonability and ensure all parties receive information
- Coordinate any ad-hoc reporting requests, other reporting inquiries
- Work with legal on annual opinion
- Work with off shore administrator during deal launch and ongoing reporting requests
- 5+ years of relevant Bank Loan and CLO Operational / Compliance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Experience with interpreting and providing advice on CLO indentures.
- Strong experience with high yield corporate debt instruments – Accounting, Valuation, Cash Flows, etc.
- Strong financial analysis skills required – Portfolio and Balance Sheet
- Outstanding communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Wall Street Office and Bloomberg experience
- See more at: http://execu-search.com/212120/financial-services?utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed#sthash.m8Svl654.dpuf