28 July 2014
AVP/VP- Structured Lending – Norwalk, CT (Job number 1972732)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE Capital Americas:
At GE Capital Americas, we’re redefining what’s possible. Whether it’s providing financing to
purchase, lease and distribute equipment, or supplying our clients with the capital needed for their
real estate and corporate acquisitions, refinancing and restructurings, the GE Capital Americas
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading financial products and services that
support the success of businesses worldwide.
GE Capital Americas is the top leasing company in North America and a leader in U.S. corporate
finance. Here you’ll work with the most talented people in the industry, employing world-class
processes to execute projects with real impact. If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter and a driven,
creative, flexible problem-solver, then join GE in creating the next generation of financial products
that will keep the world of business moving forward for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and
competitive compensation. GE is an href=”http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf” target=”new”>Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color,
religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a VP you will provide credit management leadership to cross-functional deal teams in underwriting leveraged transactions within the food and beverage industry. This includes deal due diligence, compliance, negotiation,approval and documentation. You coach and develop junior underwriting professionals. You manage, monitor and report on portfolio accounts. This role will support the Risk Leader in Chicago for the Food Vertical.
- Leads the underwriting and approval of new credit requests and credit line renewals for
- existing customers.
- Negotiates terms and conditions for transactions and works with cross-functional teams to
- ensure appropriate documentation.
- Leads or directly involved in underwriting and documenting large cash flow loan transactions.
- Prepares risk assessments and presents senior management with a clear and consistent
- approach to mitigate credit, political, legal, regulatory and other relevant risks.
- Manages, monitors and reports on portfolio of accounts.
- Manages accounts to ensure customer retention and performance to specifications.
- Performs rigorous analysis of transactions and resolves problem accounts in partnership with
- other teams and specialists.
- May oversee portfolio management responsibilities of junior team member.
- Coaches and develops junior team members. Ensures compliance in credit policies and
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 8 years of experience in finance, accounting or banking
- industries or high school diploma/ GED and at least 12 years of finance or accounting experience
- including financial analysis, preparing financial information and interpreting financial performance.
- Prior experience in financial statement analysis, financial modeling and valuation.
- Prior experience preparing financial information, interpreting financial performance and
- assessing risk exposure. Prior experience preparing and delivering presentations to management
- and peers.
- Must submit your application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or
- www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this job opening.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for
- employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug
- testing, reference verification and background check.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Chicago, IL preferable, but candidates located in New York and Connecticut will also be considered.
- Ideally looking for a VP candidate, but would strong consider an AVP.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline.
- MBA degree preferred.
- Prior experience lending to food and beverage companies a plus, but is not required.
Legal documentation: Prior experience negotiating legal documentation.
Commercial deal experience: Prior experience underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals
with some food specialization a plus. Prior experience lending in agent/participations market.
Collaboration skills: Working effectively in cross functional team environment and leading
Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations.
Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively. Able to manage self and time
to meet commitments.
Regulatory experience: Recent experience in a regulated bank type environment.
Leadership: Authentic, reliable and responsible. Coaches and inspires at all levels. Permits
and promotes growth of team. Displays passion that excites others to exceptional performance.
Agile: Not afraid to change course nor lead in uncertainty.
Resilient and accountable; overcomes adversity by owning up to mistakes.
Well-developed communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing,
fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.
Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel and
demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
Section 19 Job YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply online (Job number 1972732)