1 October 2014
Associate, Leveraged Finance, CIB – Chicago (140099639)
With one of the broadest client franchises in the world, J.P. Morgan offers a full platform that enables the firm to develop some of the most complete and innovative financial solutions in the industry. The Firm has global leadership positions in all of its key products – capital raising, mergers and acquisitions advisory, restructuring, risk management and research.
J.P. Morgan’s Investment Banking Leveraged Finance Syndicated and Leveraged Finance (SLF) comprises JPMorgan’s syndicated loan and high yield bond product groups within the firm’s Investment Banking Line of Business. These dynamic debt capital markets are instrumental in financing corporate capital requirements, including working capital, capital projects, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and recapitalizations. As the leading corporate debt house, JPMorgan holds commanding leadership positions in these product specialties. Transactions involve high-level interaction with senior bankers and executive management within client firms. Associates within Syndicated and Leveraged Finance gain critical skills in financial analysis, risk assessment, due diligence, and deal structuring. Associates function as fully integrated deal team members supporting teams ranging in size from three to ten bankers across several different industries.
The Associate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm’s business. S/he will leverage upon past investment banking or related experience to enhance the Firm’s capital raising capabilities and contribute to building J.P. Morgan’s franchise and reputation in the marketplace. He/She will have strong function skills in the major areas of investment banking and will demonstrate the ability to become a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan’s mission and be driven and committed to its success.
As an Associate in Syndicated and Leveraged Finance, you will work with experienced professionals at one of the world’s leading global investment banks. Through training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities, you can advance toward your career goals and gain years of experience in a relatively short amount of time.
- Performing financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in client meetings
- Preparing investor materials and arranging investor meetings
- Interacting with client firms and investors
- Conducting industry and product research as well as comparables analysis
The successful candidate will possess or demonstrate the following personal and professional attributes:
- Bachelors’ degree from a leading university, an MBA is a plus
- 3+ years of Investment Banking transaction experience
- Comfort in and commitment to strong teamwork environment
- Ability to work well (and efficiently) in a high pressure environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize deliverables
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking with senior management teams, potential investors and credit
Apply online (140099639)