23 September 2014
Analyst; Syndication, Sponsor Finance – NYC
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Our Capital Markets team is an engine behind many deals at GE Capital, Americas. The group consists of three main focus areas: leveraged finance syndication, securitization and equipment finance syndication. We create market-driven originations through underwriting and distributing deals, maintaining relationships with key Investors, providing market research intelligence on the sales desk, originating and structuring deals alongside platform sales team, and provide a broad base of customer financing solutions.
At GE Capital Americas, we’re redefining what’s possible. Whether it’s providing financing to purchase, lease and distribute equipment, or supplying our clients with the capital needed for their real estate and corporate acquisitions, refinancing and restructurings, the GE Capital Americas teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into leading financial products and services that support the success of businesses worldwide.
GE Capital Americas is the top leasing company in North America and a leader in U.S. corporate finance. Here you’ll work with the most talented people in the industry, employing world-class processes to execute projects with real impact. If you’re an enthusiastic self-starter and a driven, creative, flexible problem-solver, then join GE in creating the next generation of financial products that will keep the world of business moving forward for generations to come.
This role is responsible for supporting the senior transactors in the syndications process within the Sponsor Finance and Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT) Capital Markets team at GE Capital. This role will assist in the entire syndication process including data analysis, preparation of marketing, syndication and rating agency material, legal documentation review and internal deal pricing and approval.
- Assist with the marketing and processing of syndicated loan transactions by supporting senior capital markets professionals with respect to the following:
- Create marketing materials including pitches for new business.
- Assist in the preparation of charts, tables and written content for confidential information memoranda and rating agency presentations.
- Utilize research tools (including data bases, Capital IQ, LCD, Bloomberg, Edgar and Loan Connector) effectively to obtain market information and data and generate market comparables for proposed transactions.
- Create, obtain and share market intelligence and participate in special projects.
- Partner with risk group to analyze and draw conclusions from audited and internal financial statements, quality of earnings reports and MD&A.
- Support senior syndicators during investor presentations and sales meetings.
- Coordinate responses to investor inquiries.
- Participate in capital markets due diligence process, Capital Markets pipeline, deal review and approval sessions.
- Maintain deal databases.
- Bachelor’s degree (OR High School diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years of experience in leveraged lending or other capital markets products)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Have or willing to obtain Series 7/79/63 licenses within 60 days of employment
- MUST be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- MUST submit application for employment through COS (internal candidates) or www.gecareers.com (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
- MUST be at least 18 years of age.
- MUST be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing and background check.
- MUST be willing to travel up to 5% of the time.
- MUST be willing to work out of the New York, NY office.
Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related discipline
- Experience with cash flow, credit analysis, financial modeling, and valuation
- Desire to develop strong analytical capabilities, learn legal documentation and work on large complex transactions
- Collaboration skills: Works effectively in cross functional team environment
- Communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, team player that fulfills obligations
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively
- Able to manage self and time to meet commitments
- Graduate or upcoming graduate of a GE Leadership Development program such as FMP (Financial Management Program) or RMP (Risk Management Program)
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.