31 July 2014
Analyst – Los Angeles, CA
Imperial Capital, LLC (“Imperial”), a dynamic full service Investment Bank currently seeks Experienced Analysts to join our Corporate Finance Analyst Program. Positions are currently available in Los Angeles. Imperial Capital, founded in 1997, is a full-service investment banking firm with offices in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago and Minneapolis. The firm currently employs over 230 professionals and offers a wide range of proprietary products and services to institutional investors, middle market companies, and private equity firms. Imperial Capital provides institutional clients research and sales and trading of high yield and distressed debt securities, bank debt, convertible bonds, preferred stocks, and equities. The firm provides middle market companies and financial sponsors with capital markets, merger and acquisitions, capital structure, restructuring and recapitalization advisory services. More information about Imperial Capital can be found at www.imperialcapital.com.
Analysts at Imperial will work closely with senior team members to execute a variety of corporate finance transactions across multiple industry sectors. Responsibilities include:
· Conduct research and prepare analyses of companies, industries, capital markets, historical financial statements and prospective financial information;
· Create and author financial models, valuation analysis, debt capacity and capital adequacy analyses, and documents and presentations for proposals and transactions;
· Identify financing alternatives, capital sources, strategic and financial buyers; and
· Manage due diligence and client relationships at appropriate levels.
- 1-2 years of Investment Banking Analyst experience or similar experience (buy side, accounting, etc).
- Ability to conduct analysis of financial projections and impact of financing, transaction and operational variables through preparation of valuation models; solid financial modeling skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to staying up-to-date on industry trends.
- Ability to quickly respond to the issues associated with complex transactions.
- Superior writing skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with a proven commitment to turning in consistently high quality work as a self starter.
- High level of integrity, energy and flexibility with a positive team oriented “can-do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills are critical. Must have solid communication skills and a personal style conducive to building relationships.
- Strong teamwork orientation, unquestionable honesty and integrity, intellectual curiosity and dedication to providing the best product to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably majoring in Finance or Accounting.