24 July 2014
Analyst, Leveraged Finance - Stamford, CT
Bank of Ireland’s Leverage Finance team provides senior cash flow debt financing to support the leveraged buy-outs (LBO’s) of top middle market private equity firms. The analyst serves as a key member of the deal team, and will receive significant responsibility, deal experience, and client exposure. Additionally, the analyst is responsible for overseeing a portfolio of closed transactions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building detailed financial models;
- Performing industry and general economic research as part of transaction analysis;
- Reviewing and analyzing company financial statements and other due diligence materials;
- Assisting in the credit underwriting process including the drafting of sections of credit memo;
- Aiding in the transaction closing process (loan execution, funding, and documentation) as well as general portfolio administration;
- Analyzing monthly financials and track ongoing loan performance.
Bank of Ireland’s office is located in Stamford, CT, a short commute from New York City or the surrounding areas.
- 0 -2 years experience
Experienced candidates will preferably have backgrounds in fixed income, investment banking, management consulting;
Candidates from other backgrounds will be considered provided that they fulfill the other requirements below;
Recent undergraduates must have an undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting;
- Strong quantitative and writing skills, including basic financial modeling skills;
- Fundamental knowledge of financial statements and basic accounting;
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated with the ability to work in a collegial “boutique” environment;
- Excellent undergraduate academic record.
** Please note you must be eligible to work in the US to apply for this role. When applying through our website please answer yes to all questions which are UK and Ireland specific to allow to you proceed**