25 July 2014
Analyst, 1st Year, Syndicated Finance Group – Chicago
Analyst – Syndicated Finance Group – Real Estate Banking (REB)
The Syndicated Finance (SFG) team is housed in the Commercial Bank and is responsible for working on complex financial situations involving syndicated and leveraged transactions for middle market clients. The SFG team supporting the Real Estate Banking Group works with commercial real estate owners and operators including REITs, fund managers, operating companies, developers and investors. The SFG team is responsible for structuring and distributing syndicated transactions that include both single asset financing (construction, bridge, mortgage) and entity level financing (secured/unsecured lines of credit). In partnership with Syndicated and Leverage Finance (SLF), the SFG team coordinates all syndicated transactions originating in REB. As the leading corporate debt house, JPMorgan holds a market leadership position in real estate financing. Transactions involve high-level interaction with senior bankers and executive management within client firms.
Analysts within SFG gain critical skills in financial analysis, risk assessment, due diligence, communication, deal structuring and execution. Analysts function as fully integrated deal team members supporting senior originators.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Coordinating the distribution of financings from launch to close
· Driving the preparation of deal offering materials
· Creation of pitch materials for new business initiatives
· Generate comparable financing databases and pipeline reports
· Significant interaction with clients, bankers and investors
· Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information and help develop innovative client solutions
· Develop capability to run less complex transactions with minimum oversight
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Well organized and able to efficiently manage projects with minimal supervision
· Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet time sensitive deadlines
· Excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to client senior management, investors and senior members of the firm.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in investment banking or commercial banking specifically covering Real Estate.
· Security licenses 7 or 79, and 63
About this company
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, working in collaboration across the globe to deliver the best solutions and advice to meet our clients needs, anywhere in the world. We operate in 100 countries, and hold leadership positions across our businesses. We have an exceptional team of employees who work hard to do the right thing for our clients and the firm, every day. This is why we are one of the most respected financial institutions in the world.
J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm.