15 September 2014
2015 Graduate Analyst, Leverage & Acquisition Finance – NYC (Job number: 0000502F)
Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, Graduate Analyst Program
HSBC’s Leveraged and Acquisition Finance is a division within Global Banking. The business is responsible for arranging, underwriting and syndicating event-driven and flow-financing solutions for HSBC’s corporate and financial sponsor clients. The business covers corporate, leverage and private equity, infrastructure, high-yield and real estate financing.
Graduate Analyst Program
The Graduate Analyst Program offers you the opportunity to enhance your skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC. In Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, this means building your expertise in structuring acquisition finance and complex debt structures for corporate, private equity, infrastructure, and real estate clients, and contributing to our specialist teams as we put in place bespoke solutions for our global clients.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realize your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our two-year, full-time Graduate Analyst Program is open to graduates and final-year bachelor’s or master’s degree students.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC’s values
- Be confident with numbers and analytical
- Be an articulate communicator
- Respond well to change
- Have the confidence to work with senior people
- Be ready to take on meaningful work from day one
- Be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
What to expect
You’ll begin with an in-depth four-week training program covering a range of financial, accounting, economic and market modules, as well as an introduction to HSBC’s strategy and objectives, and presentation and personal skills training.
A unique feature of the program, provided to you in your first year at HSBC, is the opportunity to gain on-the-job experience of other business areas within Capital Financing through a tailored rotation program. After an initial period in Leveraged and Acquisition Finance, you will spend four months in each of two related teams, such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Equity Capital Markets, or Debt Capital Markets. This will provide a broader understanding of our product specialisms, as well as helping you develop a network across Capital Financing.
For the duration of the program, you will:
- Build your understanding of the dynamics of the debt markets
- Develop and implement debt capital-raising ideas for customers
- Gain exposure to some of the world’s most high-profile and complex financing transactions
- Be part of different client-focused teams working on international transactions
- Learn how to structure complex debt products
- Work alongside other groups within HSBC, including Debt Capital Markets, Equity Capital Markets, Advisory and Commercial Banking
- Develop financial modelling, credit analysis and legal documentation skills
- Learn how to evaluate propositions and negotiate with clients
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our graduate analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the program, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice on your progress
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Program, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the program with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.
- Undergraduates in their graduating senior year, minimum 3.2 cumulative overall GPA
- BA/BS, all majors are considered, concentration in finance or economics a plus
- Superior quantitative, analytical, communication and leadership skills are essential
- Exposure to financial modeling and leveraged finance is preferred (financial analysis, LBO modeling, and a general understanding of the credit markets; mezzanine, loans, high yield, etc. from the origination through to syndication and distribution)
- A willingness to commit to the full program (including social events)
- A second language is also advantageous, but not essential
Apply online (Job number: 0000502F)