Leveraged Commentary & Data (LCD) will host a free webinar July 12. A panel of senior market commentators will highlight trends that have driven the global leveraged loan and CLO markets in the first half of 2017, as well as provide a look forward into the second half of the year.
The webinar is geared to both novice and experienced market participants.
It will feature detailed market technicals, including new-issue yields, tightening CLO spreads, and new-money issuance. It will also outline broader market dynamics, such as the balance (or imbalance) between loan supply and investor demand and the influence of increasing PE/M&A activity.
You watch the webinar here (again, it’s free):
When: July 12, 2017 – 9:00 am EDT
Overview of Global Yields and How We Got Here:
- Persistent loan supply shortage leaves issuers in the driver’s seat
- New-issue yields tighten to record lows in Europe and near record lows in the U.S.
- Opportunistic activity dominates the loan market; will private equity M&A-driven supply return?
Europe’s Role: Uniqueness & Differentiators
- Liquidity pressures exacerbated by non-CLO investors
- Covenant-lite takes hold
- A comparison of sponsored and non-sponsored deal trends, including the bond to loan shift
Investors: How Are They Are Coping with Thin Spreads?
- Why tightening CLO spreads are still attractive compared to other asset classes
- Why CLO equity remains popular
- The broader interest rate perspective
Webinar participants, from LCD
- Ruth Yang, Managing Director (Moderator)
- Marina Lukatsky, Director-Research (US Loan Markets)
- Taron Wade, Director (European Loan Markets)
- Andrew Park, Senior Editor (CLOs)
LCD is an offering of S&P Global Market Intelligence.
This story is taken from analysis which first appeared on www.lcdcomps.com, an offering of S&P Global Market Intelligence. LCD’s subscription site offers complete news, analysis and data covering the global leveraged loan and high yield bond markets. You can learn more about LCD here.