LCD/S&P Global Market Intelligence’s webinar detailing the First-Quarter 2018 High Yield Markets is now available to view, on-demand.
This complimentary presentation features analysis from Marty Fridson of LCD and Lehmann, Livian, Fridson Advisors, along with John Atkins, Luke Millar, and Ruth Yang of LCD.
In this quarter’s presentation:
- Treasury yields rise while high yield sinks
- High yield upholds hybrid reputation
- High yield returns favor shorter maturities
- Better-rated credits underperform
- High yield outperforms vs better-quality comps
- In the red: a look at industry returns
- US high yield volume, pricing
- Europe high yield volume, LBO activity
- Spreads, Europe vs US
LCD presents these high yield market updates each quarter.
The charts used in the presentation are available for download.
LCD and SP Global Market Intelligence are pleased to present a free replay of our in-depth analytical look at how today’s leveraged finance market compares to that of 2007–08, before the onset of the credit crisis: 10 Years Down the Road: The U.S. Leveraged Finance Markets, Then vs Now
This in-person complimentary event features analysis from high-yield bond market expert Martin Fridson and LCD’s Marina Lukatsky, as well as a discussion on the state of today’s market, featuring Crescent Capital Managing Director Jonathan Insull, LSTA Executive Director Lee Shaiman, Progow Executive Chairman Peter Gleysteen, and LCD Senior Editor/CLO market reporter Andrew Park. The panel is moderated by LCD Managing Director Ruth Yang.
A link for the replay is here.
The replay is free, and after registering for the presentation users can download the slides used for the analysis. These include:
- A brief history of the leveraged finance market, over the past 10 years (Yang)
- A look at credit quality progression in the high yield bond market (Fridson)
- The effect of record-low volatility (?) and reduced liquidity in the high yield market (Fridson)
- Evolution of the US leveraged loan mart: size, issuer quality, covenant-lite (Lukatksy)
- Risk vs Reward: Now, compared to pre-Lehman (Lukatsky)
- That state of the CLO market (Shaiman, Gleysteen, Park)
January 23, 2018
Featuring LCD’s high yield expert Martin Fridson. Some of the topics covered:
- Return vs risk, by asset category (with surprising results re distressed debt)
- Total return, by industry
- Default rate forecast
- Poll: Will US HY spreads go up/down/unchanged in 2018?
As well, the webinar features reviews/outlooks of the U.S. leveraged loan market, along with the European high yield and leveraged loan markets.
July 12, 2017
Featuring LCD CLO reporter Andrew Park. Some of the topics:
- A look at record-low yields in the leveraged loan market
- Analysis of loan market supply (new loan issuance) vs Demand (retail investment + CLO issuance)
- Specifics on CLO formation
- Cost of borrowing: US (cheap) vs Europe (not cheap)
- Why CLOs are attractive investments